HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NYB/NYSMLA proposal
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 07:15 AM
rh160kid
Typical Buck

What is the definition of a primitive muzzleloader season? can you use any muzzleloader or is it restricted to flintlocks or truly "traditional" equipment. I have a inline muzzleloader and there is nothing primitive or traditional about it-Its essentially a rifle. I think the 2 day wknd season for kids is a good idea although i dont know how much participation it will recieve. As an avid bowhunter i like the longer season but am not sure i would trade the first two weeks in oct. for essentially losing the last week of bow season before gun season opens in Nov. That week is my favorite time to bowhunt and have had alot of success that week. I would be concerned of people just using this as another week of gun hunting esp. since that week is usually full tilt rut. I am not so sure someone sitting there with a muzzleloader is shooting does only when there tends to be a buck behind every doe in the woods that week. I personally would rather have an early muzzleloader season in early/middle oct. and leave the week before gun season alone.