HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Doe #2!
Thread: Doe #2!
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 11:38 AM
KYDeerHunter03
Nontypical Buck

Default Doe #2!

Well this morning was beautiful! The temperature was nice and the wind was perfect for my stand. I got in and played the waiting game until at around 7:45 I seen a deer walk across the field edge on top of the ridge I was hunting. I kept an eye on the spot until I ended up counting like 12 different does all coming from the same trail and feeding in that one area,

They started slowly feeding down the ridge towards me when I heard a twig snap tot he right of me and seen a brown object through the leaves on the trees. I got my bow ready and my rangefinder out and ranged a tree that the deer was walking towards just in case I didnt get another chance to range the deer.

She conveniently stops right by that tree and I set my pin on her and let it fly. I watched the arrow hit her and she didnt even hear the bow release and down she went. I ranged her at 22.5 yards but I forgot to hit the angle button to compensate and ended up hitting her a tad high.

I didnt waste any time putting another arrow in her and she expired in less than a minute. Not long after that 2 bucks came running up the hill and I almost got me a double, but the buck decided to walk the only trail I had no shot in. I am SO excited to have gotten 2 deer already this year, and better yet both with my bow!