HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 06:42 AM
mgrt67
Spike

3,000 acres... It may as well be high fenced, but I would certainly love to own a chunk of land that size. I don’t agree with hunting baited deer, I've done it and it was like shooting fish-in-a- barrel, not something i'd like to do again. I do find it ironic that he puts bait out, shouldn’t the tecomonte food plots be enough draw? Guess not. Food plots don’t draw deer the same as a bait pile.

I will say, I was a little upset when I watched him on a show that he was narrating which was in Illinois. He bashed Illinois saying the age structure wasnt there for big bucks. Has he ever seen our record book? Anyway, the man can hunt anyway he wants to in my opinion, it's his property, to each their own. I do like seeing the monster bucks on his show, but I cringe when I see how they are hunted. I dont think he is bad for hunting though.

I will give him credit for one big buck he was after on his ranch. He hunted that buck day-in and day-out for weeks. He loves whitetails and loves to hunt, isnt that why we are all here?