HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Dead Bucks Walking (16)
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:16 AM
coryj
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mahoningbuck
I am amazed at all the different types of seasons around the country. Does only then bucks? That would suck because you get to your spots hunt does for two weeks then the bucks know what is up!! I love opening day because we can take whatever we want and BUCKS sure dont know what is going on. I really think opening day of bow season is the best time to take a big buck down.

Just to clarify, the hunting now is on a special permit issued by the game dept. for overpopulation, does only, and the permit I'm hunting on is only for three neighborhoods/country club communities. When our regular archery season begins on 10/3 it is buck or doe. My regular spots have not been disturbed. This is my first year hunting on the kill permits, but all the early season doe hunting has not affected the buck hunting for the other guys in years past and they have taken a few p&Y bucks over the last ten years they've hunted these neighborhoods.