HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A warm one. How do you cool down your...
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 07:52 AM
jellio5
Spike

About 4-5 years ago one of my younger cousins had the bright idea to go hunting when the temp was 78 degree's outside granted it was his 1st year hunting and he was itching to get out. I get a call on my cell phone about 9:30Am and he said he shot a doe from his stand which was about a mile walk intot he woods so I head on over to there place,,,,,,I have never been so miserable in my life as I was that day helping him gut and drag that deer out of the woods race over to get it registered race back home and get it skinned and quartered and then packed in the freezer.....from that day forward I will never shoot a deer when it's warmer than 65 outside...I'll probably go sit on Saturday morning and Sunday evening just because it'e the opener but the only thing I would even concider shooting will be a big 12 I have pics on my trail cam of everything is safe until the temps drop next week.

P.S - Southern hunters please don't jump on my back about this situation I realize it's probably warmer than it was that day where you hunt and I would assume you are used to warmer temps and prepared for it....it's just not for me.