HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should I change/postpone my elk hunt? weather...?
Old 09-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Muley669
Banned

Originally Posted by salukipv1
Been keeping an eye on the weather report, everyday it has been changing, hotter! now it's suppose to be 91 on wednesday, I'm going to hold off a few more days, may pursue antelope prior to the elk trip, but I think just going to wait, hunt elk, then go after some goats after.

Made a call out there, local guy said, it's hot! and that he'd hold off. Also would be worried about getting an elk out before spoiling in 90degree heat.

I'm still gonna give the hunt a good whack though, just going to postpone the trip 5 days or so, still will have the same # of days afield.
I have called in several bulls over the last week and half. Called in a 7x7 on an 80 degree day a few days ago. I am back out for a few days and my hunting is about over for the year. I am guiding for an outfitter going back in thursday in a different area, out for a few days, and back in thru Oct 5. By then, the rut will be cooling off and I have a loper hunt with the boy Oct10. As usual, my buddies get the elk and I do the calling.