HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Police our own !!!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:56 PM
SouthernMDArcherer
Fork Horn

Default Police our own !!!

I am writing this in the hopes that we as hunters understand that WE need to police our own. I recently returned from a six month deployment to find my hunting property is sold. Long story short I have asked every farmer in the local area and beyond with no luck.

There reply each time is NO !!!! Now I could have simply said thank you when they said no but I decided to stay and talk with them on why they are so emphatic about it. Here are some of the results of what they told me:

1. Farmer: In the past I allowed it and people simply did not ask anymore, before I knew it I had the second coming of woodstock on my land.

2. Another Farmer: I let people hunt before and they started poaching out of season.

3. And yet another Farmer: Dave, I would allow you to hunt but I have had some bad experiences with it in the past. The last time it cost me over 10k to replace my equipment they shot up.

These are just a few of the ones that stuck in my head. What I have come to realize after 37 years of hunting is, WE NEED TO POLICE OUR OWN !!!! For every ethical, responsible hunter out there, I now believe there are one hundred others who make us look bad.

Rant over.

Dave