HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sitka Gear ???
Thread: Sitka Gear ???
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:14 AM
elkhuntinut
Typical Buck

5.9...take a look at the Jetstream Jacket over the 90%..the Jetstream has the Windstopper in it.

I have used Sitka Gear since they came out. I, like mentioned above, have from the skin out. I hunt and live in Northwest PA and hunt alot in the snowbelt region of New York. When layered properly, there isn't much weather you can't hunt in. The most important part to staying warm is layering correctly.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I would be more than happy to answer them.

Originally Posted by 5.9cummins
I have the Celsius set and it is definitely not a "cold" weather set. I would go a size larger than you would normally wear for tree stand hunting. I have an XL set which i can fit 3-4 layers under if need be. There is not that much insulation but if you layer you wont have a problem.

I'm going to get a 90% set in the not to distant future because I'm going to start doing back country hunts in the Adirondacks again. the stuff runs a little small so if you can try it on before hand it would help I'm 6'0" and 190lbs 34" waist and 43" chest. I would say you want to be at the low end of there calculations in terms of sizing.