HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moderator or administrator-Can we do this?
Old 09-11-2009, 02:30 PM
rh160kid
Typical Buck

Default Moderator or administrator-Can we do this?

If this has been or is already done on this site forgive me. As an absolute whitetail bowhunting nut i am fascinated by the effects of moon phases and how they affect deer hunting. I thought it would be cool to have a thread somewhere on here once everyones seasons gets rollin(mid oct.) where there could be a poll with various deer activities (rubbing,scraping,chasing,breeding,etc.) along with minor and major degrees of each activity. Each day guys on the site could place a vote in the poll based on there observances that day hunting. maybe we could also have a different pole for different regions of the country. Then after the season or even during guys can see if their observations coincide with other members. I would love to see the data collected and referrance it to the moon phase from that period of time and see what correlation we find. What do you guys think? I hope i explained my idea so its understandable. Maybe if you have an idea to add we could put it all together? Lets get some input on this from guys that are serious hunters that spend alot of days afield. I think it would be really interesting to see observations from different areas and if it coincides with what you are observing!!!!

Last edited by rh160kid; 09-12-2009 at 09:39 AM.