HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you use to glue your inserts in?
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 07:31 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a great fan of any super glue either. I use hot melt with any aluminum or aluminum core arrow (ACC), but with AC arrows I use 24 hour epoxy. Here's how I do it.

I check my inserts for fit in the shaft first to make sure they'll slide in (some arrows or inserts are tough). Then I screw a broadhead ferrule into the insert, apply epoxy to the insert and slide it into the shaft. The extra drying time allows me time to spin check the arrow/broadhead to ensure alignment, adjusting if necessary. Then I set it aside and do the next one and so on.

Next day I install the blades and turn the nock to my preferred blade alignment, making them all the same; not necessarily with the fletching. Then I fletch my arrows

Those arrows will be for hunting only so the broadhead ferrule stays on them forever or till I change arrows ten years later. Also I use a broadhead that loads the blades from the front like Muzzy. I've been using InnerLoc since 2003. That way I never have to loosen the ferrule to change blades as any time you remove a ferrule it may not seat exactly the same next time and could spin crooked.