HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cuddeback IR...?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
haystack
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by leadoperator
Haystack, what im getting at is the longer these cams are out the more problems you're seeing. I also believe the 2 yr warranty is a gimmick just to get ppl to buy the cam. But time will tell. And let me remind you that the links you provided are older then the 1 i did. Would you honestly recommend a cam to someone when your seeing more and more negative reviews? I think you're alot smarter then that. I've read alot of your posts over in the wildlife/food plot forum and you always give great advice.

Lead: I truly respect your opinion. Not only are you a regular poster on this board, your skills and knowledge regarding the cameras you own and operate are very much reliable IMO.

However, since you do not own or have experience with a trophy cam, your assumptions are just that. Especially if you're going to rely on comments in the link you posted. The OP of that thread claims the pics are darker in low light than he thinks they should be, it's kinda difficult to say being no pic was posted of the issue.

Another poster originally claimed "the camera will not go into set-up mode" when he admits no SD-card was installed. Now some of us know that the trophy cam and scoutguard are essentially the same camera. I believe you in fact do own a scoutguard so let me ask, have you ever tried to "go into set-up mode" without a SD-card installed in your scoutguard? if so how did that work out for ya?

No doubt there could be trophy cams with issues and negative reviews, but so far I've yet to see any trailcam without the same record. I can only go by my experience I've had with mine, which I'm very satisfied with and have not had any problems after nearly 5 months and close to 2000 pictures.

As far as the 2 year warranty being a "gimmick" it could be and I agree time will tell. I do doubt bushnell is going out of business anytime soon and if they renege on their promise, then I believe that will be the end of their trailcam business and should be. However, if their warranty holds true, then I believe other companies will have to follow suit and I think they should for a $200 or more trailcam. That would be a win for all of us right?

Thanks for your time it took to read all of this.