HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Drury Question
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:00 AM
johnandmare
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=Bone_Collector;3430707] As for Lee and Tiffany, I think one of their families had farm land in Iowa and Lee was an engineer (real job) he took a risk and quit to do the TV deer hunting show. He worked his butt off to do the food plots and let the deer get big so that they could film them hunting big bucks.
Don and Candy Kiskey were farmers in Iowa and liked to hunt and got into the whole food plot/letting the little guys walk phenomenon and started doing a TV show, then they got together with Lee and Tiffany and the rest is history.
[QUOTE]

That's supposed to show up as a quote, but my brain is still in bed and I cannot get it to work

I agree with your post, and i also promised myself i would not write on this one again, but I cannot help it. The Drury's are the pioneers of the DVD world, I will give them that, kudos!
As far as the fact that Lee and Tiffany and the Kisky's all HAD land to begin with - and in Iowa no less - is a huge step up in the hunting world. If I wanted, really wanted a tv show, I would most likely have quit my job too and given the land and food plots and management, etc. a go. However, I don't even own my house or truck yet, lol, so i guess that's out of my realm.
I also know certain people on here think I am jealous. The fact is, I do not want and have never wanted a tv show. My husband used to talk about having one all the time and I always said no thank you. I like my life the way it is - well okay, I would rather own my house and truck and not have monthly payments to worrry about - but for the most part, I am happy. I cannot wait to get in a tree stand and hunt - we have WAY too many does around here and I haven't had venison in a while I sit and watch the does out in the field from my dining room window and thoroughly enjoy it. I think whitetail deer are beautiful animals, and I thank God for creating them. I will watch "my" deer and sell off all my Drury DVD's. I used to live in the Bronx and had to wait to get in a stand to maybe see some deer, but now, I look out my window and there they are. What a sight?
You can have your bows and stands and calls and anything else that pays you money to use, but i will go and try all the bows and pick the one that I like, same goes for everything else, stands, etc. I wouldn't want to be told what to shoot. But again, I do not have nor want a show. I do not believe one word that comes out of any of their mouths as far as hunting products, how could any intelligent person believe them when they change so often? God gave me a brain and I will use it to pick my own. They go where the $ is and that's all there is to it. Someone else on here mentioned Ted Nugent and his silly hawking of products, but he has always hawked the SAME products - there's a slight difference. I also agree with the post on Greg Miller, he does teach a lot of hunting tactics, so i agree with that poster.
As far as jealousy, think what you want. When I shoot my first doe of the season, I am posting her on here for all those regular hunters out there who hunt for the sheer enjoyment of it and nothing else.

Can anybody tell me what happened to that invention of the Drury's called the Wildlife Eye? I think that's it anyway

Last edited by johnandmare; 09-10-2009 at 02:03 AM.