HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Offical Team Cutting Edge Thread (34)
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:11 PM
jackflap
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
I am of no help here, sorry.

I was wondering how many guys on our team manage property for whitetails?
How many deer hunt on Private lands only. How many deer hunt on public lands only?
How many have set a size requirement above and beyond what your Game Managment Authority mandates?

Except for when I go hunt elk/mule deer (which I have already done this year and came back with my tags still in my pocket), I hunt private land only as that is basically all that is available in Texas anyway.

I hunt three different counties on a regular basis that are all close to home and I will go and hunt 3-4 days one time each year with a friend in South Texas.

There are no state antler restrictions, but we have self imposed restrictions on our two whitetail properties. One of my 3 spots is Mule Deer mostly with only a few whitetails.

We don't shoot any bucks less than 3 1/2 yo.

Here are a couple of my summer scouting bucks. Haven't decided if I will try and take advantage of a shot opportunity on any of these or not if it presents itself. It will depend on how I "feel" at the time and what they look like out of velvet. The first three pics are the same deer.