HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Drury Question
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Chris.S
Spike

Many of you sound like a bunch of jealous HACKS! Fact is Greg Miller could probably hunt circles around 95% of the folks on here and TV to boot. He is the only one I see regulary use topo maps to try and TEACH what the heck is going on regarding deer movement. Go back and read some of his books written years ago on tactics that most people hadn't ever heard of at the time, this guy, more than most knows what the heck is going on. Problem is now we have a bunch of armchair/internet experts, that think because they know where the scapes appear in the back forty every year they know what the heck is going on!

These people are always on the go Ohio, Iowa, Illnois, Missouri. If most of you had 4-5 days to arrow a 140+ buck in a place you'd never seen you'd have better luck if you listened to a guy who lived there RIGHT. They are no different except they are under extreme time pressures i.e. need to get good footage quickly and get over to Kansas to get more footage then need to get to Illnois, then Ohio. They need to hit the ground running period.

They don't go to place like NY or NJ because the hunting in those states stinks, I don't want to see a video with 120 bucks, I want to see 140+ because thats what I like to shoot. If you happen to live in a state like NY, NJ, Penna etc with a bunch of dinks if your hunting means that much to you grow a pair and move someplace with good hunting, but in the meantime QUIT CRYING!

I thought making $ was the American way? How much they get paid, what they shoot, what they endorse is their business and I doubt they would still be making videos/TV shows if they were loosing $10M per episode.

And no we can't all kill big deer CONSISTENTLY, because some of us can't hold still, some can't keep quiet, some can't shoot period, some can't shoot under pressure and the list goes on and on.

Don't hate because these people live your dream, either make it happen or quit crying!