HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)
Old 09-08-2009, 05:51 AM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

I was just looking for general reactions on the issue.

You have to understand the area I hunt. It is fairly close to one large metropolitan area and in the special regulation wildlife management unit. So, in other words, there are extended seasons for doe-only, more liberal use of weapons, baiting in some portions, etc....

Because of this I have seen large groups of people come and go from this particular patch of woods. There are actually three "subsections" of property...county land, a local nature preserve and state gamelands. Total acreage is over 1800 acres if I had to hazard a guess.

I ended up contacting some of the guys involved in it through two other hunting related websites. They sound like some pretty decent folks so I doubt there are going to be any issues. My curiousity was focused around the fact that such a large group of folks was getting together for a planned deer hunt/pool.

As for it affecting my hunting...doubtful considering the size of all the properties and my preferred stand locations. Not many folks will go into the stuff that I hunt. Still I think it will be interesting to observe.