HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Uhh, Stupid kid killed me!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 04:15 AM
txhunter58
Nontypical Buck

Guess I was different, at 23 I still had some growing up to do and still had something to learn from guys who had done it longer. And, he is the one who refers to him in his thread title as a kid.

And he didn't actually pack up camp until the "man" spooked HIS 7x7. I am sure the "man" was watching the 7x7 and not the calf and moved at the wrong time. Certainly something that I have never done: move at the wrong time and spooked game........

Not saying he doesn't have a beef on that point (wounded game), just that the reaction was IMO an overreaction. I have found that if I agree to take a young person hunting, I pretty much have to give up my hunting during that time.

FYI, I take kids hunting every year (from 12 to 23+). Just about every year we have a kid that takes his/her first animal. My daughter (who is 18 now and had never hunted) took a turkey last spring. Pretty awesome experience.

I also know a person who, if his son didn't shoot quick enough, would shoot the animal himself. Funny, cause his son doesn't hunt any more.