HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - any tips for taking a child for the first time?
Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 PM
sachiko
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by 09_bobcat
im 23 yrs old and my girlfriends little boy is 5. weve been together for 2 yrs now and he is interested in everything i do. I team rope, he wants to as well, so he warms up my horse. He wants to hunt so i want to take him. i just wonder what i should do to entertain him when there is nothing going on? as all 5 yr olds ive been around are, he has the attention span of a fruit fly. hes always asking questions which is awesome and i hope he has fun. any tips for making this worth his while? dont want him to be bored and not want to go hunting again. that would kill me cuz hunting is my life outside of family!
Miriam will be two in October. We won't take her hunting for the reasons you mention. But we do take her scouting for deer sign. She loves it and when she gets tired, daddy puts her in his baby carrier pack and carries her. She knows that she can't do everything we do but has to learn. She goes to the range with us and admires the holes we make in the targets, but she knows she isn't old enough to shoot yet.

May The Sheep Be With You