HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What makes people...
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 PM
MountainDevil54
Banned

Default What makes people...

Put a brass buttplate on their COLLAR BONE? I loaded up 3 90gr charges of RS for my brothers Hawken ( Round ball load) and a new patch i wanted to try out. His first shot @ 100 yards was perfect! I loaded up the .490 ball in a .018 pillow tick patch ( No more ripped up patches!!) and I see him put the rifle right into his collar bone area and then starts groaning and rolling around in the chair in pain. I took a look at it and it left the ugliest blood blister ive ever seen!

I can not even tell you how many times over the years ive told him not to do that! Ive had him not pull the trigger a couple times on deer because he was now afraid of the recoil and thought that it would hurt again.

He wouldnt take the 3rd shot, so i loaded up, capped and POP. SOB! That was the last #11 cap!

Took the ATV back to the house and grabbed my nipple wrench and a #11 dispenser and went back up to pull the nipple. Lots of powder in the drum. I flipped the nipple up to the light and found a chuck of RS plugging the hole. After cleaning that out the rifle fired off perfectly and hit 6 o'clock dead center @ 100 yards.

We figured it was a good idea to sight in at least one spare rifle in case something that shouldnt happen, Happens.

4 more days starting on monday!