HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guided hunts please respond
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 05:36 PM
live2Draw
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by switchback hunter
How many of you hunters would be willing to pay $500 dollars for a 5 day whitetail hunt on public land in central wis mainly around Black River falls, I would do all the scouting and I would put you on deer but there is no guarentee that you will shoot a large buck. I will put you in the area that a buck is using and give you the best odds of harvesting him but since this is 1,000's of acres of public there would be no guarentee. I have done extensive scouting through the area and there is almost zero pressure from other hunters.Also why or why not
I responded yes. I Am a guide for steelhead in the central basin, and i love going out with people. The level of success you can experience in an area unknown to you just by using a guide service is really remarkable. These guys are not Really Bad fisherman (all the time) But people who are not familiar with teh techniques and waters we use to be successful! I would think that would transfer directly over to whitetail. You might be an accomplished hunter, but things are a little different everywhere!! GOod Luck Man! Its a really really hard, Sometimes Very frustrating business, But can be rewarding!