HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone tried the Federal 00 buckshot with flight control?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
hometheaterman
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone tried the Federal 00 buckshot with flight control?

So I've read a few things about the Federal flight control version of shells all of which have been great. However, most reviews I've read have been with them fired from a short barrel as in 18" or 21" or something short like that.

Since I'm planning on using them for deer hunting not home defense and I have a 30" barrel most of those tests are irrelevant to me as I don't care how they pattern at 7 or 10 yards.

I was at Dicks today and saw some. First ones I've seen. Anyway, I picked up a box of the 3" 00 buckshot ones with the flight control. Are these decent? Are they something that patterns better than regular buckshot in most guns or are they something you just have to see how they do in your particular gun?

I'm planning on shooting them through a Remington 1100 with a 30" barrel that has a full choke. It patterns pretty decently with the Winchester 00 buckshot in the value packs from Wal-Mart. Will these flight control ones pattern better or is it something you just really have to test?

Not sure when I will get a chance to test it again.

What kind of pattern can I expect at 40-50 yards? Are these good enough to kill deer at that range?