HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Drury Question
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Bill loves bowhunts
Spike

I'm with Lee on this . When I was real young I kept passing on does and my grandpa said to me why are you passing on them does ? I said grandpa I can't tell how big they are from way up here . He said 1st look for nubs on there heads and if there no nubs then 2nd look at how long the nose is if its short let it walk then 3rd he said look for some gray on the nose and the bone structer mass you can tell he said harvest the older 4 or 5 year old does they only have 1 fawn in spring and the younger 2 to 3 year old does have 2 sometime 3 fawns in spring . But that still stays with me today with bucks to my bigges buck is a 150 class buck I harveted . But I'm close to I39 and some get hit by cars and some bucks get some funky antlers when they get a tap from a car the antlers go wrong like if the deer gets hit on the right side and lives the left side come out over ther faces or only one antler come up on the left and the right is ok . but thats the type of deer i've been harvesting the last few years .