HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Drury Question
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Bone_Collector
Spike

I'm actually shocked that this group of people are being bashed so hard. There is another thread on here bashing the Warren brothers for hunting high fence operations and I agree with that. As for the Drury brothers, Lee and Tiffany, Don and Candy Kiskey (Spelling?) most of them actually have worked hard to an extent.

The Drury brothers were some of the pioneers that started the whole TV/DVD hunting series. Pretty much everyone that has responded said they liked the DVD/TV shows at one time. As for the advertising I do not like the constant plugs, but advertising pays the bills and if a company sponsors you, you have an obligation to plug their products. Every Sports program from NASCAR to the NFL has seen a huge increase in advertising. As for the contestants on Dream Season getting paid I am not 100% sure, but I would imagine they would have to as they are not at work for nearly 90 days.

As for Lee and Tiffany, I think one of their families had farm land in Iowa and Lee was an engineer (real job) he took a risk and quit to do the TV deer hunting show. He worked his butt off to do the food plots and let the deer get big so that they could film them hunting big bucks.

Don and Candy Kiskey were farmers in Iowa and liked to hunt and got into the whole food plot/letting the little guys walk phenomenon and started doing a TV show, then they got together with Lee and Tiffany and the rest is history.

I said it on the other thread and I will say it here. If you do not feel like it is realistic to watch shows where they have all these opportunities to kill big bucks and you want to watch a TV show watch the Best and Worst of Tred Barta on VS. He is a radical primitive hunter (from NY I think) and hunts a lot of public land and wide open spaces (in Alaska) with a long bow and often stone arrow heads. I would honestly say the way he hunts most people could not be successful. In fact in a lot of his shows he comes up empty handed.

Last edited by Bone_Collector; 09-04-2009 at 06:04 PM.