HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Iowa?????
Thread: Iowa?????
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 12:20 PM
WhitBri
Fork Horn

fletch920 I may be painting with a broad brush, but from what I have seen in the areas I hunt I'm not off base at all. I should specify as the majority of the problem come during shotgun season. I've seen groups with 6-8 guys with over 40 tags and I live in north central Iowa and the county only gives out 100 extra doe tags. Some of the landowner tags are for property that doesn't even hold a deer and couldn't for that matter. If you buy your landowner tag hunt your land and harvest a deer on your land then I have no problem with it, but I think unfortunately you and your friends are in the minority. More the reason to be vocal and stop the ones that aren't using their tags the right way. Bottom line is the state doesn't care and the DNR is vastly under funded and undermanned. So its up to us to call out the abuse when we see it. Iowa is an easy top three states to hunt whitetails, us as residents have a great privledge to hunt here, but a responsibility to hunt ethically and within the laws.