HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sentinal tuning suggestions
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:08 AM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JeffB
I know that the computer programs love to rccomend really stiff arrows, and I cannot argue with the arrows showing a weak reaction, but IME with the 09 & 08 Center Pivots, they like a little bit weaker spine than you would think. My Commander likes a 400 spine (28.5/72 pounds) and the Admiral liked a touch soft as well. Both of these setups tuned easy peasy with the LD, running centershot straight down the middle of the grip, leveling the bow, rest , then nock point with the arrow in question.

Also make sure your LD cord is fairly stiff at tension and the LD attachment is as close to the cam as you can get it. On some bows It's a very fine line between the cord being too lax, and too tight.

Jeff,have you tried a fixed blade broadhead tune yet with that setup? Sometimes everthing tunes great untill a broadhead is added to the equation.

I agree that sometimes we get the opposite reading from what we really need and I also agree that sometimes we need to make adjustments in arrow spine that defies logic.

I am actually suspecting that the 340 is the proper spine by the time he has lost efficiency of the rotating module down to his draw length.This is why I said turn the poundage down and recheck,that is a free adjustment.