HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sentinal tuning suggestions
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 07:39 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default Sentinal tuning suggestions

Any and all suggestions welcome. Having trouble getting my Sentinal to tune and not sure why? Had the bow for a little over a month. Put on Winners Choice string and cables and have been getting everything settled.

71#, 28.5 inch draw shooting a loop. Limb driver rest set at true center with a laser. 28 inch Full Metal Jackets 340. 125 grain FP's and 125gr Slick Trick Mags.

Got everything settled and left shop with a good paper tear. Bow shoots great, arrows touching at 20 yards and 3-4 inch groups at 40.

Started tuning process and decided to try bare shafting as I have never done this. At 20 yards bare shafts hit 5 inches to the right of fletched shafts. Fletched shafts are straight in the target, bare shafts are severely tail left. Bare shaft groups arrows all touching. Thought a weak spine reaction was odd with these arrows and this set up. Same arrows I used with the 82nd and that tuned easily.

Tried broadheads, they grouped 5-6 inches to the right of the FP's. Groups were tight. Tried brining them together adjusting the rest but not having any luck. I've moved the rest 1/4 inch and gained maybe an inch with the groups. I'm going to run out of windage adjustment on my sight pretty quick.

I haven't been able to get any lighter FP's to adjust my spine, I'm going to try that this weekend. Not sure what else to do?

Fletched with Blazers and I've checked for vane contact and not seeing any.

Last edited by mez; 09-03-2009 at 07:53 PM.