HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Drury Question
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
johnandmare
Fork Horn

Okay, I didn't mean to get everybody's blood boiling, including my own, lol. We can change the channel and all have different opinions of people and their shows. By the way, my husband has read the Drury book and all of Ted Nugent's books. This thread started out as a question about whether or not people like John Frank(UGH!) and the Probsts, get paid for their appearances on the Drury DVDs. I say yes, John says no. I know the Drury's are paid by all of their sponsors, but are the others?
As far as the Drury shows, I think they have dropped the ball and their former years on DVD are a world apart from the ones now. I won't watch the new, but I will watch the ones I own, and there are quite a few of them. I am sorry if i stepped on anybody's toes. This is America and so far, anyway, we are all free to choose. We, as hunters, should concentrate more on our rights being taken away and important issues like that and never mind these silly shows. My bad for starting the post, but in my defense, I wanted to prove to my husband that these guys were not hunting for no compensation. How would their families survive without their paychecks in this crazy world we live in??

P.S. I am not jealous of them. I love living and hunting where I am - especially since there is a BIG 10 point in our area to hunt - but I do look forward to retiring somewhere other than New York. I'm getting old and the bones can't take the cold anymore