HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Drury Question
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:18 PM
johnandmare
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Granted they do on occasion hunt with an outfitter they still do the bulk of their hunting on their farm and their leases. They plant their own foodplots, scout their own property and hang their own stands just like you and I do. They manage their property to very high standards and reap the benefits. As far as the Drurys go they to do the bulk of their hunting on their own farms. Not like others in the industry-Gregg miller, Stan Potts, HS Specialties hunters, Michael Wadell and the list goes on and on, of guys who almost strictly hunt with outfitters. Do they all plug their sponsors to the point of annoying, yes. But they have to-thats what the sponsor pays for. I do not like the big business side that corporate sponsors bring in the industry but thats the way it is. Folks in the industry long before the Drurys and Lakoskys became sponsor whores. Now its part of the industry-not their fault imo. As far as charity work goes-who cares how they raise the money. Why not get on Pat Reeve and Nicole Jones? They are strictly outfitter hunting morons.

I agree 100% with your last comment about Reeves and his girlfriend. However, I have seen the Drury's go to many an outfitter. I have also seen them get into a stand and notice lanes haven't been cut and the blame the time I saw it went to Jarred. I guess Mark and Terry were off that day from the work part of it. ANYWAY, I will repeat myself once again, I used to enjoy watching the Drury's. I have all the Dream Season's up until the "professional couples" one, and the Whitetail madness ones up to #11. I enjoyed them at one time. When they came out this year with PSE as their bow, they lost me. I am of the opinion that they now have enough money to shoot the bow that is the best fit for them, and I am sorry if i offend any PSE shooters, PSE is not that bow. There are Hoyt, Mathews, BowTech, etc that I would imagine most people would place above PSE. My problem with them is I think in the years since their business took off, they have gotten sloppy. Example #1 PSE, #2 shooting bucks way too small and deliberately disobeying an outfitter, #3 never addressing the fact that those guys that did that were morons. I am no longer a fan and am disappointed once again because it's always about the $. For once i would like to see someone use a bow because they believe it to be the BEST.
As far as Lee and Tiffany, I see you like them and that's fine. I do not think their show is worth watching, but I will say I hung in there and watched it longer than my husband did, he quit a while ago. With the fundraising, how about they just go about it quietly and spend more time showing the kids that benefit from it than themselves and all the pomp and circumstance with the fundraisers. It's always nice to do something and not need to see your name in lights, IMHO.

We still watch TED and we saw that episode with the 4 point and 175 pound doe last night. We enjoy him as long as he's not hunting some African species