HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Drury Question
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Bible_Man
Nontypical Buck

I have several times commented to my wife that all the work is taken out of it for them...just walk in there and whop a monster. And true, true any of us could do what many of the "pros" on hunting shows do. I don't necessarily consider them pros. Just average hunters who, for the most part, have above average marketability. If I had that opportunity, I would exploit it. The most professional hunter I know goes to church with me. He has never been on a show, endorsed a product or been on a guided hunt. However he knows how to scout, stalk and whack better than anyone I have seen on the tube. Of course he has been doing it for 30 years.

Do I fault the folks on tv that flaunt products and and consider 140" deer "management bucks"? Nope. I do enjoy other shows that seem more real life more though...The Spirit of the Wild baby! Ted Nugent was gaga over a 4 point he killed on his past show...and a 175 lb doe. We don't see enough of that. Love his show. There are others too, his just always comes to mind. I try to keep a running tab on how many times he says "backstraps" per show!