HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - girlfriend got a diamond...what lbs for deer
Old 09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Mikey30067
Spike

Default girlfriend got a diamond...what lbs for deer

we just got my girlfriend a diamond razor edge from cabelas recently. first time she has ever shot a bow and in no time flat had her shooting it great she can consistently touch 3 out of 4 arrows from twenty yards and she loves it i cant get the bow out of her hands

she has her heart set on getting out with me opening morning but before i get her on stand i want to make sure she has enough bow to do the job. right now the bow is set at 36lbs and she has no trouble drawing and shooting 50-60 shots without straining any muscles. whenever she isn't looking i crank up the lbs slightly but being she has never shot before im more concerned with teaching her form then worrying about draw weight

so my question is what do you think is good weight to have the bow at for deer? she is shooting at a 25 1/2'' draw 25 inch easton epic 500 arrows with a 85gr montec g5

my thinking was that she will be pulling around 45lbs come hunting season and if shots are within 20 yards the bow should be more then capable?

thanks for any input and any advise is appreciated im trying my best to make it and enjoyable sport for her she loves rifle hunting so if i can get her out in archery to it would be perfect