HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - C'Mere Deer - not Kweer Deer....
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Beezer
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Are you sure they're eating the C'Mere Deer? It's not really a testiment to the effectiveness of that product when it's on top of corn. Maybe put out a pile of corn and a pile of C'Mere Deer and see which one they hit. Maybe you'll save yourself some money.
Being a South Carolina hunter, you probably know of the "corn gene" it seems our deer have. I tested four different things last season...I put a seperate 3'x1' strip of each...acorn rage, dried apples, deer cain and buck grub on a pile of shelled corn. After watching several does feed one day, I noticed something strange. The deer appeared to be pawing the other stuff away to just eat the corn. They didn't touch anything except the corn, regardless of the promises on the label.

My conclusion with these products is simple....if the ingredients in the products aren't something the deer feed on or have access to on a regular basis, they don't bother with it. Not scientific, just common sense. I probably don't have three oak trees within a mile radius of my house, so they pay attention to acorn rage.

Just my .02, and it may not be worth the bandwidth, and that's it.