HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 07:04 AM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

Well fellas, I went out this weekend and checked one of my trail cams. I had 1150 pictures on it in a week's time. I've got 3 shooters on camera and then I did a loop around the area to see what might be running around that I don't have on trail camera.

I saw a really nice 8 that was hard horned. He has an 18-19" spread and really good mass. His tines are a bit short, in the 7 inch range, but he would definitely get it. I saw another big 8 whose rack was equally big on both sides, but the main beams were not even. He was very tall and wide and would likely score close to 130". These were across the road from the properties I hunt, but definitely share the woodlot I hunt during the rut.

In the field attached to the woodlot I have permission on I saw a number of good bucks including some of the shooters that I have on camera. There is a hard horned buck that I believe is an 8 that I don't have on camera that is very big. There is also another 8 that is in velvet that is an absolute stud. He is tall, wide, and heavy. There is another buck that I got a picture of with my SLR camera from the road that is either a 9 or a 10.

I'm going to set up on that field tomorrow in the hedgerow with my camera and tripod and try to get some pictures and video of these guys.

This season has more potential for good bucks for me than any season I have in recent memory. And that is just one of my spots.

I'm getting fired up.