HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It's Hard to Understand Some "Pro" Shops.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:32 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

The Reezen def does not adhere to typical Mathews (singlecam) setup-

1) For many years Mathews has had the standard of 13/16" out from the riser for centershot. It used to be you could set it to that and assuming an appropriately spined arrow, arrow flight was on the money. The Reezen tunes quite a bit further in-5/8" is more common.

2) the Extreme reflex in the riser, makes it a bit more difficult than many other Mathews bows as well-if you have the typical problem of torquing a Mathews grip, it's really going to be an issue on the Reezen.

3) Idler wheel lean is more critical as well. It needs to be dead nuts- most of the other Mathews bows are a bit more forgiving in this regard. A twist or two out on one side can cause havoc.

Being that even when centershot and idler lean is corerct your sight pins are going to be way off center (I've yet to see one that isn't), I'd say the bow may have some issues with horizontal nock travel. A Whisker biscuit would definitely help tame this.
I have not done all of the measurements that Jeff has done but i would say this assessment is right on the money.

I would say that a huge part of it is the combination of the two hi-lighted statements that Jeff made above.

I have had several Reezens that absolutely would not tune with a drop away rest no matter what we did to the bow and/or rest. Grab the grip and torque it hard to the right and they would shoot a good hole through paper but if you shot them with a relaxed open grip you would get about a 2" horizontal tear in paper.

Last edited by bigbulls; 08-29-2009 at 01:37 PM.