HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Moved: Speaking of Bino's
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 09:13 AM
fingerz42
Nontypical Buck

Question Moved: Speaking of Bino's

Hey guys I saw a topic a week or so back on bincoluars and it was very informative. Since I've been in the market for a new pair of binoculars for almost two years, I keep a kean eye open. After last weeks bino help thread, I decided to go take a look at some of the binoculars that were spoken of. I check the Nikon Monarch ATB, Leupold Danaci or something like that, the Nikon Trailblazer ATB, and then finally the Leuphold Yosemite.. In that order.

First off I was impressed by the Monarch's clear vision but discouraged by the price.. ($315)
Next I looked through the Leuphold Danaci(?) set and was not all too impressed. The image was clear in the center but straying from the center it got blurry.
I then looked through the Nikon Trailbazers and was a bit let down by the image I saw. It seemed as if the image from the trailblazers was very 2D and depth seemed to be lacking..

Now keep in mind that I am typically a big fan of Nikons and in my opinion the Nikons have better optics than Leupholds 9 times out of 10.. Nonetheless, I had looked through the three bino's I had chosen but the store clerk asked me to take a look through the Leupold Yosemites because of their clarity and dependability.. When I did, I saw the clearest picture of all the bino's I had looked through.. The image looked 3-d, and was very clear, even on the edges.. This particular pair is 8 x 30's but the field of view is actually better than the 8x42s of the Nikons.. (something to do with the type of prism used) Most importantly, the price was only $115..

Now my question to some of you bino buffs is... What is the catch? What am I missing about these binos that makes them so "cheap" when compared to the others, even though I think the Leupold Yosemite was "better" than the others...? Other than lowlight conditions, what other setbacks am I missing about this pair of binos? Because as of now, I just about have my mind made up and its for the Leupold Yosemites..........

Someone enlighten me...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/opti...ing-binos.html