HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It's Hard to Understand Some "Pro" Shops.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:17 PM
Michbowhunter
Fork Horn

I visited a BowTech proshop this afternoon--the first one I've ever been in--and although, I didn't shoot any, I was surprised by zomethings the ownder said. For instance, he stated that Bowtechs shoot faster than Mathews bows, and that Mathews LIES about their speed. To be honest, I've always been under the impression that IBO speeds are inflated by all manufacturers, but he says BowTech is the only one that doesn't lie about their speeds.

He also said that anyone shooting a DXT would be lucky to get 270fps out of one. Like I said, I didn't shoot any Bowtechs on that day, but I do know the bowtech is one smooth shooting bow. I have, however, shot every Mathews bow currently out, including the DXT and it will definitely shoot faster than 270.

Although, I think Mathews and Bowtech are two of the finest bows made, I realize the debate on which is better will go on forever, but you can tell the difference between a dealer that's blowing smoke up your rear-end, and one that tells the truth regardless of what he sells, and have more respect for the latter.