HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - It's Hard to Understand Some "Pro" Shops.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:43 PM
elkhuntinut
Typical Buck

I guess it amazes me to this day that when someones bow doesnt shoot well it becomes a "sucky" bow..when it is all about the set up.

Your comment on broadhead flight has made me not accept "average" but go back to the drawing board and find the error.

I agree, that not all pro shops are created equal and quality workmanship and advise is very hard to come by.

Originally Posted by Rob/PA Bowyer
Got a phone call from a guy asking me if I could work on his bow. I said sure, bring it up.

Well he walks in with a new Reezen. Good I thought, I get to shoot one. (more on that later).

I asked him what the issue was and he said that he had it in a local shop and the shop owner said he needed a couple days with it and will have it tuned. He said he brought it home and is running out of vertical adjustments on his sight.

I put it in my vice and said, first it's obvious it's nock low and arrow is pointed out away from the riser. He said, are you kidding me? (another astonishment that people don't look their equipment over, I mean it was obvious. People should be able to eye ball center and level.)

Needless to say, I sent my levels to WY with my Air Raid so I had to do with others. Long story short, after setting him up proper, a couple shots later and he couldn't hardly believe the difference.

Now I understand even more of some of the horror stories that come out of "pro" shops. This Reezen could have seriously been considered a sucky bow because of it's shops set up.

Now to the bow. It shot really nice, smooth draw. More shock than some of my Bowtechs and the owner was actually surprised at that too. Still don't like the thick grip but a very, very nice bow. I shot his arrow through my Admiral and it had the same speeds. I thought the Reezen was a speed bow? My 82nd blew it away at less poundage.