HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New hunter
Thread: New hunter
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Doe Dumper
Nontypical Buck

Good man Jake! By all means dont let having someone to go with most of the time stop you from learning. I started hunting at a very young age by myself. The only thing I was really instructed on... and instructed very well was gun safety and being safe! Safety is the main thing as Bobcat said. I still hunt the vast majority of the time by myself and by most standards Id say Ive been extremely blessed over the years.

Dan I like your attitude and think you will do just fine. Use their negativity for motivation when you dont think things are going well. I used to ask myself fairly often was I crazy....but I kept after it and finally one day things started to click and thats when it all becomes worth it.

Even after over 30 years of hunting I still manage to learn something everytime I go out. You will NEVER quit learning. Just pay attention and study the small things and it will work for you. The main thing is... NEVER EVER EVER give up or quit! Because I can tell you from experience the most miserable nasty discouraging hunting experience you ever had can turn into one of the best in a split second! Hunting is one endeavor that hard work will ultimately be rewarded in spades.

I liked hunting when I started... after I done it for 10 years or so I loved it and now its a passion that grows stronger every year. Enjoy the trip and everywhere it takes you because the ride lasts a lifetime!