HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Range Report
Thread: Range Report
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 11:24 AM
lemoyne
Giant Nontypical

Drasus
that's about normal for the Triumph I was trying 115 gr BH and the new SST with the soft red tip, it actually does a bit better wit the original SW250 and 120 gr BH.
Mike, it shoots about the same as a new breach plug does I went up to 140 gr BH with it after the first trial and it did not bother anything a bit it cleans about the same to. The only way you can tell its different is to take it out and look at it. I would like to get my fingers on one of the new Lehigh vent liners. Am waiting to see what you have to say about them. I think I have bought my last new breach plug, besides being a snap to put in they are hardened and should last even me [I do like some hefty loads]for a long time. I am beging to think you might be right about the BC not being to critical under 200yds I was shooting a 140 gr BH with the 200gr Lehigh to day [over 2400 fps] and they really smack the 250yd gong, holding under an inch group at 100 to. I am lineing up an other boar hunt and I am thinking about changing my sight in as they shoot a bit high and left with 140 gr. Lee
KB1,
Every body has some bad days I had one this year it was a hundred + in the shade and the sweat was running in my eyes and the gun just kept getting hotter no matter how long I waited. After I shot the targets were so bad I throw them in the trash and forgot I shot that day. Lee