HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you guys look for now?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 04:46 PM
mahoningbuck
Nontypical Buck

If you hunt the same property year after year you are always making adjustments. I have my early season stands and my rut stands. After several years of watching deer and exploring during turkey season I think we have our deer down. We normally do most of our scouting during turkey season as well as move any stands that need moved. I dont like to get into the woods any time before August until the opener, the least amount of disturbance the better IMO. I really have to hand it to my brother in law because he works his butt off to make sure thngs are always ready to go. One down fall to getting things done in the spring is.......YOU NEVER KNOW WHO IS IN THERE IN THE SUMMER. Last year I went to my stand opening morning and the entire bottom steps were taken and I could not hunt. I did get a doe from the ground but that is another story. I should also add, you should always check your stands to make sure they are up to par with all the nuts and bolts tightened. Every time I go to a stand I make sure things are operating. I got off the point but I like to ramble.............