HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 09:45 PM
JD IN ALBERTA
Typical Buck

Default still alive!

Well look at what we have here...the same old rag tag bunch of of yahoos this side of the border lol. Great to see someone got the ol'thread up & running again. I have been off for a while as things are always complicated in my life these days. Rocky, the head is feeling better (k.o. wood) but I'm scheduled for a MRI this Nov. And every year from now on. I'm feeling 100% better than this time last year and finally got some meds to help with the bad headaches. My balance is much better but I have days that still suck! Worse news is my youngest son is in the ICU as we speak, if some of you remember his heart was on the wrong side of his body when he was born. All has been good but the found a growth that was on his lung pushing on his heart, due to a major artery feeding the tumor it was suggested we wait till he turns one and do the operation. We hated to do it but felt it would be better now than take a chance and wait till he's older. 8+ hours for the surgery and lots of heartache since. I can go into a ton of details but I'd rather not, in a nutshell he's healing but it's been tough on him (& us). Seeing your little one suffer and have all those tubes is killer especially when you feel so helpless. Dads can fix anything but just not in this case. Anyhow, in the past few hours his condition has got better but he will most likely be in the hospital for at least another week. Needless to say hunting/scouting again has been on the back burner but i need to get my mind off the "bad stuff", therefor I'm here again! I was driving home from the hospital tonight and saw some beautiful bucks in nosehill, one was 150+ and got my blood pumping. I did put in draws but 999 everything as I just didn't know what things would be like after his surgery. I'm hoping for mulie & elk with the bow and pheasants as usual. My cousin is getting married this year so it looks like my whitetail partner is out and there will be no trip up north this year I do have a buddy who may be going to Sask. this year so if he has room I might join. Anyhow, I definately will NOT be getting down on myself lke I did last year, I'm just happy I can get my boots on and get out there with a bow/gun! Whatever happens, happens. Without any scout I can't expect miracles of shooting the monster whitetails Sask & Skeeter shoot (but I'll keep tryin!!) I did get a new shotgun as I figured with all the cr!@ i've been through, life's too short to hunt with an ugly gun! Bought my dream gun Winchester 101 XTR featheweight in 20ga. I haven't even shot it yet as we were in Kelowna for a couple of weeks and I got it the day Iwe left. I'm taking my oldest out tomorrow to break the hospital monoghtony and give it a go. Any how this is getting long so i'll wrap up. Thanks for asking about me guy's i appreciate it and as usual i'll try to keep posting pics & near misses all season long. Good luck to all the regulars (you know who you are) and post those stories & pics. Sask. I got the PM just now so thanks for informing me. How is your little one? I was on here a few months ago but saw no posts, how's life as a daddy?