HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First time shooting a Muzzle Loader
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 12:29 PM
NJ/PAbwhunter
Fork Horn

Default First time shooting a Muzzle Loader

I went to Cabelas last week in Hamburg PA and came home with a new TC Triumph with a 3X10 Powder Horn scope. Thanks to my Beautiful wife who got me this set up for My B~day next Month... Love ya baby.
Anyway...
Took it to the Range yesterday and Man Oh MAN! Do I dig this gun! I have always hunted deer in PA gun season with either a 33-30 or 30-06... and now in NJ I have been going out in the special season with a shotgun. But where I hunt in NJ with the shotgun, they are leaning more and more toward Black Powder... so I thought I would make the switch.
What a great shooting gun this is... I mean I read a lot about them all before deciding on the TC... that bone collector looks really cool on the TV commercials... but I did not like it in person, and the price tag was also too high in my humble opinion. Like I said I never owned a black powder gun before... but I really liked the Triumph better.
So anyway... I am shooting 250 grain shockwaves and they are shooting great.... I am psyched up for that season to roll around in Late November.
DW