HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does the loop on your string effect draw length?
Old 08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by brucelanthier
You wouldn't. So then there is no need to mess with the d-loop .

But the loop does have bearing on how you set your draw length so therefore,it does affect draw length and people do change draw lengths and loop lengths all the time for different venues.

Ever seen the loops they use in speed shooting,tall and long,they adjust the bow to accomidate it.

BUT again people,this is a newby asking about how a d-loop will affect his measured draw length and gets the answer it won't.That is completely innacurate.He measured his wing span and came up with a draw length.He is going to be shooting with a loop and wanted to know does he need to subtract from it to get the correct draw length for a loop.NO,If he were shooting off the string,he would need to add to the measurement so the draw IS affected by the length of the loop because the shooter has to adjust the bow for it..

It is that simple.

When I was competitive I new the difference in an 1/8" draw length adjustment and beliueve me,I knew what was optimum.I also realize anchors are adjusted in 3 planes verses 1.

Last edited by TFOX; 08-21-2009 at 08:24 AM.