HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does the loop on your string effect draw length?
Old 08-20-2009, 02:27 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

The eye really doesn't determine draw length,regardless of what many think.Your anchors are relative to your pereferences and release.There are many that do not use the corner of the mouth and nose as anchors.Although they are probably the best and easiest to repeat.

If You shoot without a loop,you NEED a longer setting on the bow to have it setup properly than with the loop so the loop affected the draw length.Your anchors will need to change and you most likely will NOT have the arrow nock in line with your eye.

A loop does affect the draw length you set the bow at.You can use short loops,long loops.Short releases,or long releases.You can anchor high or low on the face and all will determing how you setup the bows draw length to best fit you.

I really get tired of people saying your draw length is your draw length and a loop doesn't change it,that is crazy.Everything you do affects how you set the bows draw length up.

Hell,I have a level 4 coach friend that has his arrow well behind his eye and most would say it isn't correct but he is the level 4 coach with students that hold world records.

Sorry but I see this misinformation continually posted on too many forums.

Last edited by TFOX; 08-20-2009 at 02:30 PM.