HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team X Factor Thread (10)
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 07:16 PM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TJF
Mike

Good luck to you and the family hunting this year. Last year you guys had a great year... I hope it goes good again this year.

Tim
Thanks Tim....good luck to you guys as well! Mabye one of these years we'll get on the same team!

Hey guys....regarding a name, I do kinda like "The Perfect 10".... maybe its the deer we're gonna get...maybe its us! Good suggestion Ed!

I'll be hunting in both WV and VA this year as usual. We don't have too many big bucks where I hunt. We have alot of deer and a good one is in the 100" -110" range, and sometimes you bump into one a little bigger. I was after one last year around 115"....saw him the last day of early archery right at dark (too far for a shot). Never saw him again until the very last day of the season in Jan. He came right in around 4pm....and stood there at 25yds for 15 minutes. I could have whacked him a hundred times - but he had shed both horns already.

At least I know he made it through the season. If he avoided the roadhunters and cars, hopefully I'll get a chance at him. He traveled the exact same trail both times I saw him....and I have a stand waiting

I haven't had much time to scout this year yet. My son is 11 and very into sports...it consumes alot of our time. We just finished all star travel baseball 2 weeks ago, and this week football started. I did get him a new bow (Diamond Razor Edge) and so we are gonna try to get him bowhunting this year hopefully. Looking forward to a good season hopefully....and I pray I can connect with a nice buck this year with my bow. I won't shoot a small one, so most of the time I end up just getting does. Hopefully this year things are gonna change!

Good luck everyone....looks like we have a decent team shaping up - I know alot of you by name from over the years, lets have a good showing!

God Bless

Mike