HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Equalizer Tree Stands
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 10:05 AM
CamoCop
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vadeerkiller
Camo cop,

To answer your question about the cinch strap. When you use it the bottom and top are locked together rock solid. On your summit if you lift up your foot platform it could slide down the tree or if you have ever worn bulky clothes and you are wedged into your sling seat, when you stand up your top platform comes with you. I had a summit and everything else and they have all done it. I think most recommend attaching a rope between top and bottom platforms in case bottom falls. Don't have this problem with the equalizer. My 2 cents worth.

i have had the problem you described with other stands but never with my Summit Goliath. it is plenty wide enough to stand up and sit down without it losing any grip...even with a fanny pack on. i always tie my top and bottom pieces together just in case. my Tree Lounge is notorious for the bottom portion losing it's grip but never has my Summit. i have sat in the Equilizer and Summit's and i prefer the Summit's. not only in comfort but in price. if i pay what Equilizer wants for a stand...it better come with a toilet and micro fridge