HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Draw length ?
Thread: Draw length ?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Chris W.
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Longbeard
I have a Bear Kodiak Mag that is a AMO 52" 50#...

The draw length on this bow is a little short for me... Is there any way too lengthen the draw length???

I didn't know if I could put a longer string on this bow to give me a couple inch's of extra draw length...
The poundage is measured at a certain draw length, say 50#@28" of draw, but it can be pulled back further than that. How much further depends on the overall design. As Kanga mentioned, it will gain draw weight the further back you pull it. Being the short bow that it is, much past 29" and you'll probably start feeling some finger pinch and some stacking. I pull a touch over 29" and the Kodiak Mags I've handled started feeling a little uncomfortable around my anchor point. They still shot fairly well, but it wasn't as comfortable as the longer recurves I've owned in the same poundage. Stack weight starts becoming a factor with short bows and longer draw lengths. And a some point, it just hits a wall and becomes really hard to draw. If you've got a really long draw, 30"+, I'd recommend a longer length bow. You'll probably find it more comfortable to shoot.

Last edited by Chris W.; 08-18-2009 at 08:04 PM.