HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Buckshot.. Is it for people who can't shoot?
Old 08-16-2009, 06:17 AM
Planter
Nontypical Buck

Well actually Hawkeye I have patterned buckshot with mutilple shotguns with differing chokes and if I'm jumping to conclusions it's based on over 30 years of hunting. I made no assumptions that a full choke on a specialized gun is they way to go. That's fact.

I've found a tight choke works better than modified, improved or cylinder bored but of course it's a deadly round under perfect situations but 99% of hunters use it incorrectly.

I guess if I was to jump to a conclusion it would be that you are one of the guys who use it because you can't shoot. I'm not looking for a "Golden BB" and I'm not interested in long tracking jobs due to poorly hit deer.

If your shooting buckshot thru a modified choke at 40 plus yards I would be thrilled to see what kind of pattern you come up with.
I sure a poll would weigh heavily in the favor of a SLUG put in the right spot over shot...

Ps... I have NO doubt that there are conditions that warrant the use of Buckshot..

Last edited by Planter; 08-16-2009 at 06:19 AM.