HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to pattern a turkey gun (Second Edition for 2009)
Old 04-04-2007, 01:03 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How to pattern a turkey gun

ORIGINAL: Huntermann

I will check it out though. @ $3 a shot I won't be shooting a whole lot of extras. Not too mention that it sure takes a toll on my arm.

Thats whats nice about using a larger target, you should be able to keep your extras to a minimum. Less bruise on your shoulder, and more money in your pocket!

While I am at it, here is a picture of what you DON'T want to see. I had a devil of a time finding a good combination for my girlfriends Beretta 390 20ga. Spent nearly $200 trying to get it right. Nothing seemed to work. This was by far the WORST of the test, and oddly, its with an ammo that usually shoots better than anything else.

This was at 30 yards, Beretta 390 20ga, with a standard 20ga modified choke, Win Elite Extended Range #5. Note the HUGE string of pellets along the top, and the massive holes in the pattern. This combo is just asking to botch a bird!

Note: She ended up using my 390 Silver Mallard 12ga with a Jellyhead tube and Rem Premier HV 3" 1 3/4oz of coppler plated #6 lead. Its a great combination and both her and I killed birds with that gun in the spring of 2008.