HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new 200+ nontypical on trail cam
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 AM
vmartin
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by WIbuckchaser
I think that is one very nice buck, I hate to disappoint you but I too say it goes around 170. Give him another year and maybe he'll make 200. Some closer pics of him after he peels the velvet, and maybe he would score differently.
we can't give the deer another year, i can tell this one is around 7. his body is showing old fatigue.

after listening to everyone here and reviewing some of the side angle shots to add up lengths, i agree that 200+ is going to be high. but still after guessing lengths and all, i still put him at a bare minimum of 182. what it is that is putting him so high is 18 points plus all the brow tines will give us a lot of 10 to 12" mass measurements. i am going to put him between 182 and 195, if it gets killed i will repost with a little contest.

we are already loosing sleep on what our strategy will be for this specific deer.

thanks for everyones input, i will be the first to say when i am wrong on an initial score and i can't wait to see what an official score might be for this deer (crossing my fingers that he gets killed!).