HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Trip
Thread: Hunting Trip
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 PM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by clos21
Will as for a cash limit its about 1500 maybe a tad bit more.... And its just me she not going this time. And the reason i pick NY or PA is like i said i have fam in NY Grandmother I would like to get up there before she passes on so i thought i would go hunt as well. Ohio I didnt think about that maybe i could try some public land there. Not to far for me to drive im in the SE corner of MI so i could try that too..... Plus the boss is not ready to let me go to Ill, MT, KS which is were i would like to go. She says that she would worry to much. So that where im am at this point.
My friend, you could quite easily do a DIY back country camping elk hunt for that sort of money, I'm leaving in 3 weeks for exactly that!!!! I'd also say that IL and KS are probably safer than hunting in places like the Adirondacks or Upstate NY. Missouri is my pick if I'm going on an out of state deer hunt, but when I can go after elk, for a few coins more, that's where my money is going.

And if you're in the SE corner of MI and you've never snuck across the border, you're missing some fine opportunities within a couple hours driver of your home!!!!