HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how about some pics of bucks in michigan?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
MichiganBowbender
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by earnhard3
wow a great MI BUCK! I think most don't post becuse they would have to crop out the feed in the picture....

For those that don't know, earnhard3 is referring to the ban on minerals, salt or anyform of bait etc, by our DNR last August. One deer on a fenced farm tested postitive for CWD and the ban was put in place immediately at the time and has not been lifted. I used minerals up to the time of the ban, and found it very effective for getting pictures. Now it's totally illegal so I had to adjust just like the vast majority of the other law abiders. It's made me a better cammer in the long run. Just like hunting now as it requires the same kind of scouting for good cam placements.
I don't know why this site doesn't get more Michigan participants. There is a site dedicated to Michigan hunters, etc and it is very active. Lots of Michigan bucks to be seen. I go by the simple user name of "don", and am pretty active there. If you see any threads referring to "Googily" he is the buck pictured above in this thread.

Here's a link to the deer cam section if anyone cares to check it out.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/fo...splay.php?f=86

Last edited by MichiganBowbender; 08-12-2009 at 03:45 PM.